I am a Registered Social Worker dedicated to using my counselling skills to help others dealing with personal challenges.
I respect the courage it takes to trust someone in the process of making life changes. It is a privilege to be offered the opportunity to share in this important and life-changing work.
I have provided counselling and consultation to individuals, couples and families for over 20 years. My social work experience is extensive and my training is ongoing. I have worked in hospital, government, addiction services, court-based settings and Employee Assistance Program settings.
My Therapeutic Approach
I work from a client-centred approach drawing on Cognitive-Behavioural, Solution-Focused, and Emotionally-Focused Therapies. My philosophy is strength based, founded on the belief that people have the strength and courage to make changes in their life with the right support, guidance, and encouragement.
My Professional Qualifications
- Honours Bachelor of Arts (B.A. Hons.), Queen’s University, 1990
- Master of Social Work (M.S.W.), University of Toronto, 1994
- Registered Social Worker (R.S.W.) in good standing with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (OCSWSSW)
- Member of the Ontario Association of Social Workers (OASW)
- Member of Collaborative Practice Durham Region
- Accredited Family Mediator
- Member of the Ontario Association for Family Mediation
I undertake ongoing professional development to ensure best and current practices.